Accessibility Guide to the Upper Barn at Belle Grove
Contact for accessibility enquiries: Jo Jordan
We aim to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible and are committed to providing suitable access for guests, whatever their individual needs. We aim to accurately describe the facilities at Upper Barn and services to give you the confidence to book for your specific requirements. Please note that our other properties are not suitable for wheelchair access as they are on two levels.
With one ground floor bedroom and en suite bathroom/shower room, the accommodation is suitable for:
- Older and less mobile guests
- Part-time wheelchair users
AT A GLANCE
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Bedroom: one Twin or King bedroom
- Living Room/Dining/Kitchen
Access with steps
- There is one step from the garden into:
- The summer house
- The TV has a subtitle facility.
- A hearing loop is available
- The main entrance has level access.
- The main doors are double doors and manual.
- The doors open to 59”/ 1500mm in width.
- When you arrive, we can help carry your luggage.
- The property is clearly signed and evenly covered by good sensor lighting so as to identify obstacles.
Path to main entrance
- From the car park to the entrance, the path is sloped.
- The path is 42.5in / 1080mm wide, or more.
- The route to the bedroom is 750mm wide, or more.
- The bedroom door is 750mm wide, or more.
- There is unobstructed floor space 1200mm by 900mm, or more.
- Bed available as supersize double or twin (zipped mattresses), 22” /558mm high
- The bedroom is flexible (either double or twin).
- Door width 32½” / 825mm; flat threshold
- The bed is 24” / 600mm high.
- There is 78in / 200mm under the bed.
- Transfer space available the (left) of the bed at 64”/1625mm; to right of bed is 67”/1701mm
- Narrowest point 28” /711mm (but access to bed on can be from other side)
- The bedroom is non-smoking.
- We have non-allergic bedding.
- We can move the bedroom furniture, to improve accessibility.
- Beds have bedside lamps with easily-accessed on/off switches and a separate reading spotlight. The main light of each bedroom can be controlled from the bedside.
En suite bathroom
- The bathroom door is 32” / 800mm wide.
- Pull lighting cord in doorway at 36” / 914mm.
- The bathroom has a level access shower. There is a shower chair available. The level access shower has one handrail.
- The toilet has a handrail. The direction of transfer onto the toilet is to the right. There is 870mm at the side of the toilet.
- There is 1000mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 16.5” / 470mm high.
- The taps are lever operated.
- The basin is wall hung so there is space under.
The basin height is 33” / 690mm
- The kitchen is open plan with the dining / living room
- From the main entrance to the kitchen, there is level access.
- The route is 33” / 820mm wide, or more.
- The door is 33” / 820mm wide.
- The work surface is available at a height between 25” / 650mm and 36” / 900mm. There are cupboards under.
- The gas hob is available at a height between 25” / 650mm and 36” / 900mm.
- The drop-down oven door height of lowest shelf is 14” /355mm and can be accessed from both sides. a height between 25” / 650mm and 36” / 900mm.
- The crockery is kept in low level kitchen units
- The sink is 36”/914mm high.
- Double door ‘American’ fridge/freezer – lowest drawer in each side near ground floor level.
- 50” free space between furniture and worktops.
- The Dining table is moveable side to side and has legs on each corner. It is 29” /736mm in height, 3’ / 914mm and 6’ / 1828mm in length.
- From the main entrance to the lounge, there is level access. The route is 33” / 820mm wide, or more. The door is 33” / 820mm wide.
- The lounge area is open plan with the kitchen. There are two sofas, seat 18” / 460mm from floor and a high back armchair, seat 22” / 540mm from floor.
- Although the TV/DVD is supplied with standard remote controls, a pre-programmed ‘Big Button’ remote control is available on prior request. There is a sub-title facility.
- The garden is walled and secure but there is plenty of walking available for any guide dogs
- The overall level of lighting is excellent but we are happy to provide separate reading lights on request.
- Rugs are fitted with non-slip unders or can be removed entirely
- The property has under-floor heating. There are no conventional radiators. The thermostats are laced at 60” / 1524mm above the floor. Lighting switches are placed at a standard/ 47” /1193mm above the floor and sockets at 20”/ 508mm
- From the main entrance to the garden, there is level access.
- The grass part of the garden is on a slight slope, the main ‘sitting out’ areas by the main door and at the rear are on level hard standing.
Travel by public transport
- You can get to Belle Grove Barns by bus and train.
- The nearest bus stop is in Halesworth, 2 miles away.
- The nearest train station is Halesworth. The train station is 2 miles away.
Travel by taxi
- There are several taxi companies details of which we supply with our Useful Advance Information or on request before booking
- There is a car park with accessible parking spaces. The parking is less than 50 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
- From the car park to the entrance, the access path is slightly sloping. The route is 1080mm wide, or more.
CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT
Accessibility equipment &support
- We can provide a hearing loop.
- We have information in large print.
- The owners are available 24 hours a day.
- Guest information files in cabins give details of local services and emergency procedures.
- Mobile phone reception is variable depending on your network. A free landline is provided for emergency use in the publicly accessible shop.
Updated 4 January 2019