The conversions at Belle Grove were carried out to a green spec. and our aim was and is to provide a high quality sustainable self-catering destination while minimising its impact on the environment.
We are now accredited with the Green Tourism Business Scheme www.green-tourism.com which measures sustainable practices. Having gained the Silver Award first time round, our aim is the Gold!
Our eco-friendly procedures seek to reduce our carbon footprint & offset carbon emissions through recycling and other practices:
- Energy saving lighting throughout, ceiling lights typically rated at 1000 hours
- Hot water generated by solar panels and circulated from a central pump
- Photovoltaic panels for generation of electricity
- Energy saving under-floor heating
- Argon filled glazing minimising heat loss
- Exceptional levels of insulation
- Reclaimed building materials used wherever feasible
- Energy efficient appliances
- Bio-degradable containers
- Chlorine free toilet rolls
- Bio cleaning products
- Ethical and local sourcing of foods, toiletries and services
- Recycling of packaging – cardboard, paper & plastic + glass & aluminum
- Recycling of batteries & ink cartridges
Did you know that every ton of paper recycled saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water and 60lb of air pollutants from being released?